Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cake Pops!


So our AMAZING cousin Lauren is getting married very soon! YAY! So exciting! Eric (her fiance) and Lauren have to be one of the cutest couples ever! So sweet and sincere. Anyways, last saturday was her bridal shower, and I was asked to make cake pops! I was sooooo excited because I have always wanted to try and make these adorable desserts ever since I read cookbook for them. They are soooo cute! And very tasty ( they are very rich, which sometimes is too much for me), but I LOVE decorating cakes and cookies, and baking any kind of dessert in general. So I was way excited to make these!
Sorry there aren't any pictures of the whole process, but I got up before Colt that morning, and he started taking pictures after he got upstairs, and by then, I was almost done. But I hope you like them!



Look at those handsome guys! I loved doing the tuxes. Purple is one of her wedding colors, so that is what we decided to have the little guys wear. I would like to try them someday with the regal black tuxes though. Someday!

These are the ones that I did for the "brides". Let me tell you, piping with liquid chocolate is A LOT harder than with frosting, the consistency was so different that it would run like liquid instead of being more solid like frosting. I had to do that line work super fast so it wouldn't drip everywhere. It was kind of wearing on my nerves, but I think they turned out ok! :)

The beautiful couple!

I had a BLAST making these, and I want to make more in the future. I want to make some different themed ones, with different flavors of cake and frosting and colors. Oh the possibilities! I can't wait!

To learn how to make your own cake pops, visit

Have fun with it!














3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. I love that you have opportunities to be so creative. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. abi you should try doing a modified gluten-free version for meeeeeee because those are so adorable! you did great with the piping, i think

    ReplyDelete